San Jose Disabled Adult Children (DAC) Appeals Lawyers

When a parent receives Social Security Disability benefits, his or her child may also be eligible to receive benefits. Typically, the child stops receiving benefits at age 18.

Where a child is disabled before the age of 22, however, he or she may be eligible to receive benefits as an adult provided that he or she has a qualifying disability. The Social Security regulations under Title XVI define disability as the inability to perform any substantial gainful activity by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment that can be expected to result in death or that has lasted or can be expected to last for at least 12 consecutive months. Disabled adults between age 18 and 22 can receive benefits under the earnings record of a disabled, retired or deceased parent.

Has Your Claim For Benefits Been Denied?

If you have applied for disabled adult child benefits and your claim has been denied, contact the experienced Social Security Disability attorneys at the Law Offices of Cynthia G. Starkey . Our attorneys have handled thousands of Social Security Disability cases and have extensive experience in Disabled Adult Children (DAC) appeals.

If retained as your counsel, we will build a strong case for the benefits you are entitled to receive. Our attorneys have more than 30 years of experience in Social Security Disability law and a strong record of results in DAC appeals. Cynthia G. Starkey is a board-certified Social Security Disability specialist from the National Board of Legal Specialty. As a client of our firm, you will have a strong advocate on your side.

Contact A San Mateo DAC Benefits Appeals Attorney

We represent clients throughout the Bay Area. We are pleased to offer a free consultation and case evaluation. We charge no fees unless we recover benefits for you. Se habla Español en la oficina de San Jose solamente. You can consult with a Social Security Disability attorney at any of our three office locations in San Jose and San Mateo, California. Call 800-655-9652 or contact us by email.

Se habla Español